The next assignment was about working with themes and as I had done a drawing of the black and white tree trunks that line the driveway into a vineyard in NE Vic I decided to do tree trunks. Why? because it was nearly August and I hadn't started the Large Tapestry yet and I was slightly panicked. We had to do 4 drawings and choose one of these to weave yet another sample. The drawing I chose was one of a tree in Adelaide near Captain Light's lookout whose branches bear the scars of people's stupidity in the names and marks that have been cut into it.
If you look carefully at the right hand side of the sample you can where I have made a monumental error. I have never done this before in my weaving life. The good news is that yesterday I actually started my large tapestry and have done a little of it. I will blog about this soon. I have worked out it will take me 200 to 250 hours to weave. I had better get started.