Sunday 28 April 2013

Beautiful Trees

I am enjoying living in Kyneton. One of the things that is different is that I have inherited 2 beautiful ash trees - a large golden ash in the back yard that provides shade in Summer and in the front garden there is a tree that is a claret ash.  Both are in glorious colour at the moment.






It glows in the sun.


It has  a lovely pinky tone.  There are a lot of both trees here as well as other spectacular autumnal trees. The council has used claret ash as a street tree and  many of them that are huge, so I know what I have to look forward to.

I have still not done any weaving apart from my Shifu book.  One day

5 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Glennis, glad to hear that you are happy with your move. Have you thought about collecting the leaves and trying to use them for dyeing? I have absolutely no idea if that would work but it could be interesting.

Michelle said...

How are the rest of your studies going, Glennis? Is it pretty intensive (even though you aren't weaving this year)?

Glennis said...

Hi Mary
It would be interesting if the leaves could be used for dyeing; however at this point I don't have time to try. But you are very welcome to come and have a go.

Glennis said...

My studies are happening and you are right , they are intensive. I have not started the sustainability ass.yet but might think about it in Sri Lanka. I have asked for an extension again. As for weaving, all I have done is the Shifu.Hope you are coping?

Michelle said...

Glennis, my studies are cut in half, so not much stress this year! Maybe you could do the same thing, due to all your travelling?

Glad the new house is going well!